Washington DC Follicular Unit Transplantation Cost
At MD Hair Transplant, our goal is to help those in the greater Washington DC have a full head of hair again. This can be achieved through advanced hair transplantation techniques that restore the hairline so it grows naturally. Procedures such as follicular unit extraction (FUE) and follicular unit transplantation (FUT) are not inexpensive, which is why we want to take a moment to consider the costs associated with hair restoration surgery, particularly FUT.
A Consultation Is Crucial for a Personal Cost Estimate
The cost of FUT can vary from patient to patient based on a number of factors. Because of this, an average price or even a general price range may not convey all of the complexities that go into hair restoration pricing.
With that in mind, it's imperative that patients visit our practice in person for a full consultation, at which time a personalized price quote can be provided. We'll also offer a breakdown of the associated costs that go into a hair restoration surgery so you can understand why the procedure will cost what it does.
Why the Cost of Follicular Unit Transplantation (FUT) Varies
There are a few reasons why the cost of FUT may be different for patients:
- The location of the hair restoration clinic - Some cities have a higher cost of medical procedures simply given the cost of living and average income of those who live in the area
- The training and credentials of the hair surgeon - When hair restoration experts are highly educated or well trained, this can sometimes translate into higher costs due to reputation and results
- The nature and extent of the patient's hair loss - More extensive work to restore the hair will often require additional cost simply given the work involved
- The complexity of the patient's case - Some patients may have special considerations that make a procedure more complicated, necessitating slightly higher prices
- Special discounts or promotions unique to an individual hair loss clinic - A hair restoration clinic may have discounts or deals that are only taking place at the practice
Will my insurance cover follicular unit transplantation (FUT)?
In most cases, no.
Hair restoration surgery is generally considered cosmetic/elective in nature, and hence does not qualify for coverage.
That said, hair restorations that are performed for reconstructive means (e.g., after a burn injury or accident that results in physical disfigurement) may be covered. Be sure to check directly with your insurance provider.
Is follicular unit transplantation (FUT) eligible for reimbursement with a flex spending account (FSA)?
As with insurance, the answer is no in most cases.
There may be FSA eligibility with reconstructive hair restoration surgery, so be sure to check directly with your FSA provider in such cases.
Monthly Financing for Follicular Unit Transplantation (FUT)
If the cost of FUT is too much for an individual or household, it should be noted that monthly financing options are available that can be very helpful. These financing plans break the total cost of the hair restoration procedure into affordable monthly payments, with a reasonable interest rate. We'll be more than happy to discuss these matters with you in more detail during your visit to the practice.
Speak with a Skilled Hair Restoration Surgeon
For more information about surgical and non-surgical hair loss treatments that might be right for you, we encourage you to contact our hair restoration and transplant center today. At MD Hair Transplant, we want to make sure that you are confident with all choices that you make when it comes to your hairline and health.